Assistant Commercial Accountant - Permanent - Inner East Sydney
A rare opportunity has become available in one of Sydney's coolest media companies for a Commercially focused Assistant Accountant. Based in the Inner East, the Commercial Assistant Accountant will be joining a small finance team reporting directly into the CFO.
This role is not your typical Assistant Accountant role, as you will be responsible for a variety of clientele & employees, you will need to have excellent communication skills & patience in your role. This is a hands-on position where you will be breaking down the barrier between the Finance team & employees, helping them to understand the finance aspect of the business in order to ensure a collaborative approach to the seamless efficiency of the business.
So along with being commercially focused & astute, you will not be afraid to get up from your desk to approach employees & clients alike and ask for what's needed. Equally you will be the main Point of contact for any finance related queries for the team so liking working with people is essential along with knowing your finance function in detail.
Along with the transactional aspect of the role, you will get the opportunity to commercially contribute to the finance function. Processes improvement and suggestions are always welcomed by the CFO, so the right person will be able to think outside the realm of transactional finance.
Commercial Assistant Accountant Duties
Along with being the main POC for employees with any finance queries, you will be responsible for:
- Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable - Prepayments, accruals
- Preparing financial documents, assisting in month end processes
- Employee expenses, bank reconciliations
- Cash flow, Budgeting & forecasting
- Entry of new clients from Client Set up forms
- Producing unbilled estimate reports weekly and follow up
- Send out monthly statements to clients AP
- Entering monthly cab charge and reconciling to receipts
- Reconciling and entering Petty Cash details monthly or as required
- Entering staff expenses
- Entering invoices as required and matching to PO's as required, Follow up on outstanding PO's
The Right Candidate Profile
- Experienced assistant accountant
- Month End experience would be preferred
- Strong communication skills and understanding of the overall finance function & how it impacts the overall business
- People person with the ability to breakdown the finance function in tangible, understandable lingo for employees/clients
- Commercially focused - process improvement & thinking outside the box
If this sounds like the right role for you and you have the experience required please get in touch!