Financial Accountant - Immediate
|Job Title:||Financial Accountant - Immediate|
|Location:||Marrickville, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$45 - AU$55 per hour + super|
|Contact Name:||Ben Knight|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 11:27|
Job Title - Senior Senior Financial Accountant / Financial Accountant
Location - Marrickville
Salary - $45-$55ph+super
Duration - Ongoing, long term contract
Start Date - ASAP
Working Holiday Visas encourage to apply
An expanding, ambitious manufacturing company in Marrickville are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Accountant or Financial Accountant who can hit the ground running in a start up type working environment.
You will have experience in financial accounting, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and providing commercial decision support to the business. As they are going through a system implementation, experience using Microsoft Dynamics would be advantageous. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are essential.
Reporting to the FC.
Your role will see you do the following;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports covering balance sheet, profit and loss, internal management reports and cashflow statements;
- Completion of the monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and depreciation schedules;
- Weekly cash flow reporting;
- Preparation of GST and FBT;
- Assisting in the preparation of year end statutory accounts;
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting;
- Ensuring Accounting standards and policies are adhered to.
Reporting & Advising
- Ensuring the timely completion and submission of financial and statistical reporting upon request;
- Analysing internal performance metrics.
- Providing advice and guidance to the CFO on the Group's financial position, tax structures and strategy.
Risk & Compliance
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors and overseeing the annual audit/annual report process, and ensuring compliance with BAS, PAYG instalments, superannuation, Workers Compensation, GST reporting, payroll tax, as well as duty and exercise.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Financial Accounting role, within manufacturing - highly regarded;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, with a demonstrated understanding of how to apply accounting principles;
- Ideally CA Qualified
- Technical competence working with small batches and large numbers of short run production orders;
- Capability to work with bills of materials, reporting on numerous manufacturing variances, setting and measuring against standards and analysing/evaluating/ reporting variances
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, Zoho and Reckon software systems are essential/highly desirable;
- Highly developed research and analytical skills, with sharp attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong relationship management skills to partner with relevant stakeholders across the business and build trust and respect;
- Excellent computer literacy skills, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
Please don't hesitate to call Ben Knight at AccountAbility on 82965305 if you have any questions about the position.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$65000 - AU$70000.00 per annum + package + bonus
Working Holiday Visa - Accounting Experience - $30-$40ph!
McMahons Point, New South Wales
AU$30 - AU$40 per hour
Working Holiday Visa - Accounting Experience - $30-$45ph!
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$30 - AU$45 per hour + Superannuation!
Senior Payroll Officer
Edgecliff, New South Wales
AU$75000 - AU$95000 per annum + Super
Accounts Payable Officer
Warriewood, New South Wales
AU$55 - AU$60 per annum + super