Are you an experienced Senior Payroll Officer who is looking to develop into management? Reached the ceiling in your current role in terms of growth? This is an amazing opportunity for you to use your existing skills in Payroll, while being mentored into the role of 2ic with lots of support, with potential to take on a Payroll Manager role down the track.
You will be working with a global organisation who are leaders in their field, in a team of 4, reporting into the Head of Payroll and assisting them with the training and development of 2 Payroll Officers. This business is going from strength to strength so the growth of the team is inevitable and something you can be part of!
What is the team like? This is a team of self-managed, friendly, experienced people who love payroll, love giving exceptional service to their clients and most of all - love to laugh! You will work with a team who support each other, get along well with each other and are passionate about what they do. If you've worked in a medium size business and understand that pitching in together to get the job done with no ego, that would be ideal.
What experience will you bring to the table?
- You will have strong end to end Payroll experience
- You will be very comfortable with the senior tasks associated with payroll - Super, Tax, Redundancies etc.
- You will be cool, calm and collected. As we know Payroll can be high volume and high stress, you will take this in your stride!
- You will be very self-managed and able to run your own payroll confidently.
- You don't need to have prior supervisory experience - but if you enjoy training and developing new colleagues and imparting your knowledge this will be a big bonus!
- A sense of humour is a must for this role.
- Fabulous communication skills - the ability to handle payroll queries in a professional and friendly manner.
- Strong Excel knowledge.
What will the role involve on a day to day basis?
- Running end to end Payroll processing of a small payroll.
- Assisting the Manager with the operational running of the team (this will increase in time)
- Sign off on fortnightly and monthly team payrolls to ensure they are accurate and all Tax/Super requirements are met.
- Assist with calculation of terminations; including redundancies, dismissals, etc.
- Ensure accurate processing of tstate by state Workers Compensation
- Ensure clients are billed appropriately post payroll.
- Training, mentoring and development of Payroll Officers.
- Month-End and Year-End responsibilities.
If you are curious about this role please apply today for a further conversation! As with any role, making sure the business is the right one for you and vice versa is essential - let's talk!