We are currently recruiting an temporary to permanent Assistant Accountant opportunity for a recognized equipment rental agency. They are a leading name in the industry and show significant growth by offering world class services to their customers. It's a fast paced, driven and collaborative environment, working in the finance division, where the colleagues are engaged, aware, friendly and value encouraging ideas.
You will report to the Finance Manager in a close knit finance team.
- Supporting the Finance Manager and wider finance team.
- Performing reconciliations of bank accounts, balance sheets, suppliers and vendors.
- Monitoring payment and invoice processing to expected time periods.
- Preparation of financial statements, ledgers, and accounts, making corrections where appropriate.
- Preparing month end
- Preparing profit and loss management accounts.
- Preparing BAS, FBT and other tax related reporting.
- Preparing the annual budget.
- Accruals and pre payments
- Relationship between balance sheet balance and P&L - credit and debits
- 4-5 years of experience as an Assistant Accountant or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive financial information.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.