|Job Title:||Project Accountant|
|Location:||McMahons Point, New South Wales|
|Salary:||Up to AU$110000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Baeten|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2019 17:17|
A rare and exciting opportunity to join a market leader, who holds a stunning footprint and reputation in construction. Work in proffessional environement that values its employers and offers flexibility.
- Review cost sheets
- Follow up on any unusual expense
- Notify PM of any new staff not expected to be billing
- Check % of completion by budget
- Create draft invoice
- Get revisions from Project Manager
- Copy and send final document and include all back up required by contract
Project Set Up
- Set up cost estimate template and work with PM on the budget
- Set up contract and project in software system
- Set up sub consultant numbers and budgets
- Set up project review schedule starting with 0% make sure they are in connects
- Create template for invoice to accommodate contract requirements
- Notify all known individuals on project team of project number and expense codes
- Work with PM to make sure project is staffed in workplan, this is an ongoing effort throughout the life of the project.
- Draft Company Contract to Subconsultant using standard terms and conditions. (deviating from standard requires legal review)
- Make sure scope and budget are in agreement, include schedule and review delivery dates
- After Revisions from PM circulate and obtain full execution of all sub contracts
- Prime contract are often written by client, follow above procedure using our standard terms and conditions for Prime Contracts. If we are using their contract it must be reviewed by legal. Then review for contract requirements in billing. Make sure PM is in agreement with scope and budget.
- Be an advocate for the client
- The accountant must have a point of contact with the client
- Be responsive to subconsultants, someday they may be the client.
- Follow profit and loss of projects and know the reason if a project is not making expected profit
- Review with PM the expected outcome of the monthly equity review
- If a project is not profitable make sure it is on the problem project report and management reviews are being scheduled.
- Follow aged invoices for each project. Get to know the payment cycle and check if an invoice deviates from the norm
- Aging invoice is an expense, know the reason if any invoice is not being paid.
Close Down Project
- Put system on hold
- Follow up on all unpaid invoices
- Review sub payment record and report to client as necessary
- Review final equity
The right candidate
- 3/4 years in a similar position
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder managements skills
- Advanced excel
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's