We are searching for an adaptable and experienced senior bookkeeper who wants to join a growing hospitality business in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. This person needs to have excellent attention to detail, time management and communication skills, and be extremely self-motivated.
The position requires an experienced Senior Bookkeeper who can work in partnership with the Finance Managers across the operating business to refine controls and create efficiencies to ensure the business is reporting their financial results accurately and consistently across the Group.
The role requires a diverse skill base and the following attributes:
- 5+ years' experience of Accounts Payable and Receivables processing
- Robust reconciliation experience including GST/BAS preparation and payroll related tax and liabilities compliance
- Quality administration and filing skills
- Excellent communication skills as the role requires liaising with key stakeholders, suppliers, and consultants.
- Strong excel skills including use of Pivot tables and v-lookups.
- Proficiency using MYOB and/or Xero - desirable
Your specific areas of focus and responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Full bookkeeping and accounting support services including sales invoices, purchases and remittances.
- Managing and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Compliance - FBT, BAS/GST reporting, and Payroll related compliance (PAYG, payroll tax, superannuation, work cover) in conjunction with the Payroll Manager.
- Prepare all relevant reconciliations for all debtors (tenancies), payables and other balance sheet accounts.
- Maintenance of records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories across all the business to ensure safe guarding of assets.
- Maintain and establish new procedures to improve our internal control environment and reconciliation procedures.
- Assist with the development of the underlying reporting format for Group month end financial statements together with the Finance Manager's which will be provided to the owner and senior management team.
The finer details:
- Attractive salary on offer, between $75K - $85,000k + Super
- Free stay in one of the businesses many locations each year
- 20% off Food and Beverage in all of their locations
- Flexibility in working hours after probation
- Off street parking and close to public transport
- Preferred start date of 10th of December but can wait until the New Year
What's not to love? Think this is you and want to apply? Then please submit your resume by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Alternatively, you can call Janessa Smit on 03 8629 1046 for a confidential chat.