Position - Senior Payroll Officer / Payroll Accountant
Location - Eastern Suburbs
Salary - $75,000 - $95,000 + Super
Duration - Permanent
Start Date - ASAP
About the role
A brand new opportunity for an experienced Senior Payroll Officer/Payroll Accountant to join one of Sydney's Premier hospitality groups within Sydney's Eastern Suburbs . This role will require you to be a passionate Payroll professional who is confident and has experience running end to end Payroll in a high volume, complex environment.
A strong knowledge of payroll compliance and thoroughly understanding the implications of Payroll and what this means to the wider business is essential. You will be responsible for all aspects related to reporting and compliance, as well as maintenance of the Payroll general ledger. There will also be the opportunity to work closely with the Payroll Manager and Finance team in order to suggest process improvements and help improve the Payroll function.
A strong customer centric focus will also be important as you will be liaising with both internal stakeholders from multiple sites and dealing with muti state EBA and award queries.
It truly is a fantastic organisation to work for as it is a very autonomous, mature environment. The option for flexible working, casual dress and multiple other benefits are also available.
- End to end processing using Micropay across the companies multiple entities
- Maintence of the Payroll system and the T&A system
- Completing weekly pay end & month end reconciliation, payments, reporting & processing
- Payroll journals and recs
- Interpreting multiple relevant Awards and EBAs
- Leave reconciliations
- End of month reporting
- Calculation of termination and redundancy payments
- Process improvement
- Involvement in projects
- Maintaining data between Payroll and Finance systems
- Experience using tier 1, tier 2 payroll systems (ideally Micropay)
- Weekly, fortnightly payroll experience
- Strong technical skills, ideally advanced Excel
- Experience working in complex environments
- First class communications skills with excellent customer service
- Excellent time management
- Performing reconciliations and assisting with month and year end reporting
- Process improvement
- End to End Payroll
- Meticulous attention to detail